Setting Up A Gmail Account
Gmail is a free email service supported by free advertising, as provided by Google. Users can access their Gmail accounts using webmail, as well as through POP3 or IMAP4 protocols. It is the most widely used web-based email provider in the world. To get a free Gmail login, all that is required from you is a computer or any mobile device with a web browser program and an internet connection.
The perk of having a www.gmail.com login is that it can be accessed in any web browser program. Moreover, it can also be used as a login for any account, from social networking sites to online shopping sites. A gmail.com login can also be used to register for other Gmail services such as Google Drive, Google+, and the like.
Indicated below are the instructions in a step-by-step fashion, accompanied by screenshots to aid you in putting up your own Gmail account.
• Open a web browser and go to the Google home page at www.google.com.
• It cannot be guaranteed that the page will look like it does on picture number 1 (Google usually does cool art on its search page). Nonetheless, you should just look for the Gmail link on the upper right side of the web page and click on it. You can also go directly to the gmail.com login sign in page at www.gmail.com.
• As soon as it has loaded, a Gmail login page opens, like in picture number 2. Click on the “Create an account” link.
• Afterwards, you will be brought to the Gmail.com login sign up form, as seen in picture 3.
• Sometimes, you may find that you are on someone else’s Gmail sign in inbox Gmail account instead of the new Gmail account page. In this case, you have to first sign out (the link is on the upper right part of the web page) and then reload the webpage program. For instances wherein the registration form is still not evident, just delete the cookies, passwords, and/or cache from the web browser. If that still does not work, try using a different web browser program altogether.
• On the form, put in your First and Last name, Birthday, Gender, and Mobile phone.
• An important field that is required is your Gmail username for your potential email address. Typically, the format of a Gmail address is email@example.com. You can only come up with the username. The @gmail.com is the same for all Gmail accounts.
• As it is the most popular free email service, Gmail has millions of users. For you to get the email account of your choosing, your username must not be the same as another’s. Research a little on how to make good usernames. As soon as you put in your chosen username, Gmail automatically checks if your potential username is already being used by another user. Gmail also gives you recommendations for other usernames you can use. For the Gmail username, you can only use letters, numbers, and periods “.”. Looking for your own unique username may take a while, particularly if you have a common name, but keep on trying!
• As soon as you have found a unique Gmail sign in username, you are almost ready to go!
• For any email account like Gmail, you would need a password for security purposes. Do you want other Gmail to check your Gmail inbox? Research on how you can create strong passwords.
• As you put in a potential password, the characters will be replaced by dots. Gmail will also measure the strength of your password. It requires that you use at least eight characters and also recommends that you not use a password from another website. Once your password has been approved, you have to type it again in the next field.